Judge dismisses sexual assault lawsuit against Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott

Judge dismisses sexual assault lawsuit against Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott

play

A Collin County, Texas, judge threw out a sexual assault civil claim against Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott on Wednesday.

A woman accused Prescott of sexually assaulting her in 2017 and allegedly demanded $100 million from the Pro Bowl quarterback, saying she would go to the police if he did not pay.

The lawsuit was filed in Collin County last month after a similar suit was dropped in Dallas County.

“The original lies by (the accuser), her team, and their recent failed attempt to sue him civilly are all just a continuation of their extortion plot against Dak,” Prescott’s attorney, Levi G. McCathern, said in a statement to USA TODAY Sports. “These ploys distract from the trauma of legitimate sexual assault survivors and undermine the progress that our society has made in supporting them.” 

After dismissing the civil claim, Judge Angela Tucker scheduled a hearing for Sept. 13 to determine if legal action should be taken against the accuser. 

Prescott filed a civil suit of his own, accusing the woman of trying to extort him after she went to the Dallas Police Department with her complaint. In May, the Dallas Police Department dropped their investigation into Prescott, citing a lack of evidence.

Prescott’s lawsuit said that the woman, identified in court papers as Victoria Baileigh Shores, and her lawyers, Bethel T. Zehaie and Yoel T. Zehaie, wrote a letter demanding payment, saying he had until Feb. 16 to respond.

Prescott led the NFL in touchdown passes in 2023 and was second in the MVP voting. He is a three-time Pro Bowl selection, and is in the final season of a four-year, $160 million deal. Prescott also won the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award in 2022.

Related Articles